2010年8月29日日曜日

Malibu vs. Santa Monica



Today I joined a gay social group to a beach in Malibu. The beach was stunning. The water is much clearer than Santa Monica's, though the two places are not so far away from each other (like 30-minute drive). I wonder why the water quality is so different. Oh I saw many hot surfers along PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) too. Yum...

After outing at the beach, I went to Malibu Lumber Yard, a new shopping center that opened in April 2009. It's a year old but still looks new. I like three aquarium tanks. I saw a straight Japanese couple shopping. Yes, we Japanese love to check out new things!




I saw several gay people/couples shopping and lounging here too, but shoppers were mostly families - especially with little kids/babies. I guess not many gay people live out in Malibu. Aren't there gay college students at Pepperdine?


Last weekend, I coincidentally discovered a new shopping center in Santa Monica, Santa Monica Place, which just opened a week before. I went to SaMo to attend a free live concert event there. Santa Monica Place is much bigger than Malibu Lumber Yard and has more high-end boutique shops like Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, Michael Kors, Burburry, etc. I was impressed by its grand atmosphere and chic architecture but at the same time was deeply disappointed because most shops are only for female shoppers. I hardly saw clothing stores for men. The rooftop food court looks more interesting, though.

Speaking of shops for guys, I noticed one thing - at the Nike store.


Its mannequin has got a crotch!


Since when has Nike been using gay appeal? Love it, though.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

*このサイトで取り上げた内容を記事として転載・流用される場合は、本サイトのURLを情報元として併記していただけると幸いです。m(_ _)m If you would like to republish or mention the content found here, please include my website as a reference and/or source. Thanks!